Professional Liability Insurance
Because You Care, You Need Protection
The Only Liability Insurance Designed Specifically for Behavioral Health Professionals
Behavioral health is a rewarding career but has risks in today’s litigious society. In recent years, behavioral health professionals have increasingly been subject to malpractice suits. Malpractice claims must be defended, even when they are groundless or fraudulent. The cost of defending yourself in such a lawsuit can be prohibitive.
Consequently, malpractice insurance is no longer just an option; it’s necessary. Even if you do not serve clients directly, you still have a degree of liability risk. Obtain your own insurance rather than rely on someone else. After all, your career and your ability to continue practicing in your profession are on the line.
In September 2012, we launched a new liability insurance program with excellent benefits – The NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program.
There are many built-in benefits, including $35,000 of state licensing board defense coverage, increased limit options, and $5,000 per deposition (up to $35,000 per year) for expenses related to a legal request to provide a deposition on behalf of your clients. Plus, these additional benefits:
- Free risk management helpline
- $25,000 Health Information—HIPAA Privacy Coverage
- $50,000 Medical Payments Coverage (up to $5,000 per incident)
- $15,000 First Party Assault coverage
- $15,000 Emergency First Aid coverage
This Professional Liability Insurance is Available to NASW Members and Non-Members
The NASW-Endorsed Professional Liability Insurance Program is available to current NASW members and non-members.* NASW Assurance Services manages all aspects of the program, makes sure benefits stay current, keeps costs low and enables advocacy on behalf of policyholders if they are unfairly denied coverage or renewal.
Our product is available for each of these audiences:
- Professionals – for full-time or part-time employed professional social workers.
- Students – for students while enrolled as part of a curriculum of an accredited program studying social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, mental health, or Christian counseling.
- Agencies – for groups, corporations, or non-profit entities providing outpatient clinical social work services. (maybe a solo practice or employ providers of various disciplines).
- Schools – for accredited colleges and universities providing education and training for social work and related fields.
Have peace of mind knowing your coverage is provided by an organization that you trust and cares about you!
Questions? Call 855-835-2160 to speak with a knowledgeable, licensed insurance representative.
*NASW members receive a 15% discount on professional liability insurance premiums.
Learn more about our other liability products – General Liability and Cyber Liability